Glass Fusing Workshop [Easter Special] 4PM
Looking for something to do this Easter weekend?
Why not try making your very own fused glass jewelry for yourself or as one-of-a-kind gifts?
At this 2-hour workshop, cut and fuse your very own beautiful fused glass jewelry piece while learning the basics of glass fusing.
Workshop Details (2 sessions to choose from):
- Date 15 April 2017, Saturday
- Time 1pm to 3pm OR 4pm to 6pm
- Venue Commune, Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard, #02-52, Singapore 039596
Difficulty Level: Low-Medium
(Some Easter special designs involve cutting of rounded shapes, which are more challenging)
What to expect:
- Learn about the basic concepts of glass fusing and different glass types available
- Take up the challenge to cut your own glass pieces (it’s not as easy as it looks!) based on Easter special designs, or make your own (with guidance)
- Assemble your very own fused glass creation to keep for yourself or to be given as a gift
- Watch how glass is fired up on the spot through a special glass window in our kiln and marvel at the process of heating and fusing up till the final result (it’s always unpredictable!)
What you get to take home:
- Pieces require time to fire and cool and will be available for collection 1 week later, from Commune @ Millenia.
- Each participant will get to take home 2 pieces
- Workshop fee includes jewelry accessories and assembly by us, so that you can wear your fused glass piece immediately as a necklace upon collection
Important things to note:
- Classes are conducted with a minimum of 5 and not more than 8 persons per session
- In the event of poor response, workshops will be cancelled 2 days before the workshop date. Participants will be notified through email and refunded immediately
- Classes are taught by a professional glass artisan with more than 25 years of experience in glassmaking, including techniques in fusing, kilnforming, sandblasting and stacked glass
- All tools and materials are provided
- No prior experience is required
- Children between ages 7 to 12 are welcome to join in, with parental guidance
- Participants are advised to wear covered shoes
- Photos are for illustration purposes only